Login

Maze for Linux

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to Maze Forum!

This is a technical support forum for Maze customers, and for everybody who is interested in Maze. This is the place to ask a question about Maze, report a bug, suggest a new feature, or share your Maze user experience.

We encourage you to post your questions here, so that other users can learn from you and participate in the discussion. Still, if you prefer to ask your question privately, feel free to send us an email.

This is a new forum, and we can't wait to hear from you! Please help us to start the discussion. Thanks!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unsupported system call epoll_wait

Unsupported system call epoll_wait 2 years, 9 months ago #1

Hi.

I'm currently trying maze, but I have some trouble making it works.

1) First of all, it seems not to work on latest release of Linux Kernel (3.X). I'm on Arch Linux on a 64 bits system. I'm using maze provided by the "maze-64-bit-x86_64-1.0-beta-2011.12.05.tar.bz2" tarball.
$ uname -a
Linux ab 3.1.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 7 08:59:43 CET 2012 x86_64 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

2) I "scp" this package on another machine (Debian)
$ uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Sep 17 21:50:19 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This time, it works. But, unfortunately, an assertion is raised:
maze: ERROR: Unsupported system call epoll_wait!
maze: process.cc:787: bool Ariadne::Process::mYield(const Ariadne::Instruction&): Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

3) I found a potential bug.
It seems spaces are not handled well. For example, if I launched my program with maze like this:
./maze './myprog --query="{cat_id:1, nb_per_merchant:0}" --geozone fr'
It fails (my binary respond: "Option error: too many positional options"). I'm using boost::program_option.

But if I launched my program like that:
./maze './myprog --query="{cat_id:1,nb_per_merchant:0}" --geozone fr'
(no space between "cat_id:1," and "nb_per_merchant:0"), it works perfectly.

If you need more information, I will be glad to provide you any help.

Thanks.
(PS: excuse my poor english skill, I'm not fluent).
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by aberardino.

Re: Unsupported system call epoll_wait 2 years, 9 months ago #2

• roni
Hello aberardino,

Thank you very much for the detailed report! I will fix all 3 bugs, but let me start with the epoll_wait, because this is the one that prevents you from running maze. It may take me about a week to implement.

Would it be possible for you to send me your binary so I could run the test case? My email is roni at kloobok dot com.

What kind of file descriptors do yo use with epoll - pipes, sockets?

Thanks,

Roni.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by roni.

Re: Unsupported system call epoll_wait 2 years, 8 months ago #3

• roni
Implemented support for epoll_wait. Please try the new release 1.0-beta-2012.02.12, and let me know how it works.

Going to look into remaining problems shortly.

Re: Unsupported system call epoll_wait 2 years, 8 months ago #4

Hi Roni.

Thanks for this feature. It seems to work fine. I launched a big test with this new release. I told you tomorrow if the test was successful.
(Sorry for the late answer every time, but the jetlag between US and France is huge ).

Regards.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds