Login

Maze for Linux

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to Maze Forum!

This is a technical support forum for Maze customers, and for everybody who is interested in Maze. This is the place to ask a question about Maze, report a bug, suggest a new feature, or share your Maze user experience.

We encourage you to post your questions here, so that other users can learn from you and participate in the discussion. Still, if you prefer to ask your question privately, feel free to send us an email.

This is a new forum, and we can't wait to hear from you! Please help us to start the discussion. Thanks!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supported system calls

Supported system calls 3 years ago #1

I tried to run an application of mine under maze, but it complained that 'poll' was unsupported. I could, with a bit of work, use select() for testing only- but before I get too invested, I figured I would ask if you maintained a list of unsupported system calls.

Re: Supported system calls 3 years ago #2

• roni
Hi hfinucane,

Thanks a lot for reporting the problem. Indeed there are several unsupported system calls, but we can implement the support, no problem. As of today the unsupported calls are:

SYS_poll
SYS_epoll_wait
SYS_ppoll
SYS_epoll_pwait
SYS_epoll_wait_old
SYS_mq_timedsend
SYS_mq_timedreceive
SYS_rt_sigtimedwait
SYS_vfork
SYS_execve

Do you need support for the entire "poll" family, or you could name a specific call(s)?
Last Edit: 3 years ago by roni.

Re: Supported system calls 3 years ago #3

We use:

epoll_create
epoll_ctl
epoll_wait
poll

Although I'm not actually sure where the poll comes from, and all it seems to do is read a couple bytes from /dev/urandom.

Re: Supported system calls 3 years ago #4

• roni
Thank you for the info and for the prompt response! I'll look into this right away, and then will give you an estimate of how long it will take us to implement.

Re: Supported system calls 3 years ago #5

• roni
The support for poll can be added by Monday.

epoll_create and epoll_ctl are fine; so is non-blocking epoll_wait (i.e. with timeout=0).

How soon you will need epoll_wait? It might take a bit longer. What kind of file descriptors do yo use with epoll - pipes, sockets? Do you use the EPOLLET (edge-triggered) flag when calling epoll_ctl?
Last Edit: 3 years ago by roni.

Re: Supported system calls 3 years ago #6

• roni
I implemented support for poll system call; also for non-blocking epoll_wait. The new release 1.0-beta-2011.10.20 is ready for download.

If you try to run the test case again and let us know the result, it will be of great help. Thank you in advance!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds