Maze for Linux

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to Maze Forum!

This is a technical support forum for Maze customers, and for everybody who is interested in Maze. This is the place to ask a question about Maze, report a bug, suggest a new feature, or share your Maze user experience.

We encourage you to post your questions here, so that other users can learn from you and participate in the discussion. Still, if you prefer to ask your question privately, feel free to send us an email.

This is a new forum, and we can't wait to hear from you! Please help us to start the discussion. Thanks!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting debug information with g++

Getting debug information with g++ 2 years, 12 months ago #1

I'm using Intel Threading Building Blocks in my applicaiton, so I've been compiling them with g++ and linking with Pthreads and TBB 3.0. Even after including the '-g' flag, Maze keeps telling me that there are no debug symbols in my binary. Is there something else that I need to be doing during compile or linking?

Info on my system:

[user04@XXXXXX ~]$ g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
gcc version 4.4.4 20100726 (Red Hat 4.4.4-13) (GCC)
[user04@XXXXXX ~]$ uname -a
Linux XXXXXX 2.6.32-66.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 18 00:24:41 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Re: Getting debug information with g++ 2 years, 12 months ago #2

• roni
Hi Clay,

Please ignore the message for now. Your binary is fine.

The reason maze gives this message is because you use a new version of g++. There was a small change in the debugging information layout created by the new g++. I did not adjust maze accordingly yet.

Thank you for pointing this out, I will update maze today.

Best,

Roni.

Re: Getting debug information with g++ 2 years, 12 months ago #3

Excellent. Let me know when this is available. It's easier to track down a problem when I've got line numbers into my code where things are breaking.

--clay

Re: Getting debug information with g++ 2 years, 12 months ago #4

• roni
It is already available. I sent a mass mail notification yesterday. Did it get through? Please let me know... Anyway, please download the latest version 1.0-beta-2011.04.18.

Have fun!

Roni.
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by roni.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds